Monday, May 18, 2009

On-Line Survey

http://www.latt.org.tt/latt/siteobjects/soeditor/pro/examples/images/products/survey.gif
I think that using on-line surveys work great in certain circumstances. For education, they can be a GREAT way to get information out of your students that don't normally speak up in class. Outside of education, surveys serve a great purpose also but they can be a little bit annoying to someone taking them. Some surveys are too long or have too many answers to choose from. They can get confusing.

I didn't know that there were so many great sites that you can create free surveys on. I used survey monkey for my FBLA survey and I am planning on using it at the begining of next school year.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you that surveys can become confusing. Many people choose the wront answer format for the question they've asked. I fill out so many ambiguous surveys throughout the school year, usually sent by guidance or physicians in regard to specific students. However, they can be a very useful tool when created effectively. I am going to use one as well at the beginning of the next school year to see where my students stand on reading interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about some students being too timid to speak up, yet they have no inhibitions in a survey. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had to fill out a lot of online surveys this year, for the Teaching Fellows program and for the Dept. of Education and New Visions, our consultant. I much prefer them to paper surveys - I can complete it on my phone on the bus! However, it is frustrating if there is a glitch in submitting it and you have to fill out the entire thing again.

    ReplyDelete