Sunday, May 17, 2009

Scavenger Hunt Findings

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2008/12/01-07/scavenger_hunt.png
I had to complete a scavenger hunt around my school building for different technologies and people that can help with technology. At Glenvar we have a great resource team for help with laptops, desktops, and anything technological. I love it! Most of the items on the scavenger hunt were in my classroom since I teach a lot of technology but I was forced out of my classroom and down the hall to other folks to help me along the hunt. I learned where the server was located and who is in charge of it. I also was able to talk to other teachers about technology in their classrooms and what they would like to learn more about.

The most interesting thing I found was how a lot of the teachers and students have not read the Acceptable Use Policy that they each sign at the begining of the school year. As parents, teachers, and students, how do you feel about the Acceptable Use Policy? Why should students and teachers be held to rules and stipulations as to how their computers (mainly re: internet) should be used?

No comments:

Post a Comment