Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Web 2.0

http://uwadmnweb.uwyo.edu/ctl/Inst_Computing/Web%202.0.jpg
I know I've discussed Pod Casting and Wikis.. but I love Web 2.0.

What is the most amazing to me is all the freeware and shareware available. I use GoogleDocs all the time. It's a great way to collaborate with team members but it's also so great that you can open your files from any computer anywhere. This is really nice when you have forgotten your flashdrive.

Yes, there are glitches. But, nothing is perfect. As we have discussed in other classes, there will eventually be almost no need for purchasing discs to load software because you can download it from the internet. There are pros and cons to this. It reminds me of when CD burning became popular and those in the music industry became angry about people stealing their music.

How do you feel about freeware and shareware? What about Web 2.0? Is it all it's cracked up to be or is it just too much more to learn for you?

1 comment:

  1. I love shareware. As a matter of fact, I have used GoogleDocs as well, and I think they are very user-friendly. I used GoogleDocs in our last class with Dr. Sellers. I think it would be great not to have to purchase disks. Downloading from the internet is simple and requires a minimum of time.

    ReplyDelete